Job Type: Permanent
Salary / Rate: £22K - £24K per annum
Start Date: 10/9
Stores Person – Congleton
Salary up to 24k
Experienced Store person to work in a busy manufacturing environment
Stores Person / Stores Assistant / Goods In with good administration / IT skills needed ASAP for a permanent position in the Congleton Area.
The basic working week is 36 hours (Mon – Thurs) and the working pattern is 7.00am – 4.30pm with possible overtime.
Reporting to Workshop manager, Company buyer and site supervisor the Stores person will provide an efficient and effective stores service for the business. The successful Goods In / Stores person day to day duties will include:
• Carry out inspections of purchased goods and manufactured equipment ensuring that they meet the required specification and report any anomalies to the company buyer.
• Book equipment and purchased goods into stock.
• Maintain accurate stock levels on a daily basis and reporting and addressing any issues of low stock.
• Ensure that all items are stored safely and appropriately on the day of receipt.
• Issue works items, stock and consumable items to staff as appropriate master jobs and sub-assemblies using bespoke software system.
• Comply with company H&S guidelines and maintaining a tidy environment.
• Operate FLT to efficiently load and offload all goods.
• Provide parts and all PPE to staff as and when required.
• Good administration skills
• Familiarity with all logistics practices and handling methods.
• Must be PC literate in MS Word, Excel, familiar with database management and report generation.
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with colleagues and client
• Logical approach to problem solving, be self-confident and be able to work well within a team.
• Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
• Previous experience of being employed in a Stores Person / Goods In role for a production, manufacturing or engineering company.
• Full UK driving licence – ideally clean.
• FLT C/B Licence.
• Good knowledge of mechanical and or electrical equipment.
Logistics, Administration, Stores Co-ordinator, Stock Controller, Stores person, Warehouse Operative, FLT, Fork Lift Truck, Counter Balance, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Inspection, Engineering, Goods In / Out, Warehouse Operative. The successful Stores Assistant / Stores person will need to be flexible as you may be required to work at overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description.
You could be right for this Stores Assistant position if you’ve previously worked as any of the following: Stores Assistant / Stores Person, Storeman, Stores Co-ordinator, Stock Controller, Goods in / out, Warehouse Operative, FLT C/B Driver, Logistics Administrator etc.
• 20 days holiday plus bank hols
• Company Pension Plan
• Company health scheme
• 30 minutes lunch, 1 x 15 minute break.
• O/T at 1.5x
Warehouse, Stores, Person