Quality Engineer – Newcastle under Lyme
Salary up to 30k
We are looking for a quality engineer to join the team & improve quality & qualification processes. You will be responsible of working closely with the QHSE Manager & Head of Engineering on product qualification & inspection requirements and working with managers and supervisors to implement quality measures & practices across the business.
The role is open to an experienced Quality Engineer or a regent Graduate in Engineering
- Maintaining product & component qualification information
- Working closely with QHSE Manager & Engineering team to prepare products for certification.
- Communicating with third party approval test houses on product qualification.
- Developing and implementing quality standards and quality control systems where required.
- Inspecting materials including FAI to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Assist in site & product auditing as part of maintenance of QMS.
- Collaborating with managers & supervisors to develop and implement controls and improvements.
- Ensuring that workflows, processes, and products comply with safety regulations.
- Working closely with QHSE manager in investigating returns and troubleshooting product or production issues.
- Developing corrective actions, solutions, and improvements where applicable.
- Education in quality, industrial, electrical, or mechanical discipline is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in quality engineering, quality assurance, or a similar role.
- Working understanding of PFMEA & Quality plans.