Purchase Ledger/Accounts Administrator – Stoke on Trent
Experienced Purchase Ledger/Accounts Administrator to work in a small team in a manufacturing company to manage an allocated set of purchase ledgers, experience with computerised accounting systems and electronic purchase order systems.
The individual will be a team player and hands on individual who enjoys the day to day office setting and contributing to the finance team’s effectiveness.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Record and process invoices in a timely manner, ensuring they are correctly authorised and accurately posted and coded to the correct ledgers.
- Reconcile supplier statements on a monthly basis prioritising suppliers for the month end close. Ensure action is taken to rectify any debit balances and allocate payments.
- Scheduling and payments via BACS.
- Scheduling and payment of foreign currency via banking platforms.
- Process manual payments,
- Maintain cash books,
- Run month end reports,
- Maintaining accurate audit records,
- Obtain D & B credit reports,
- Review blocked items list on a regular basis and investigate unpaid invoices on the ledger.
- Resolve queries raised by suppliers in a timely fashion.
- Additional duties in line with the role that may be required from time to time.
- Previous purchase ledger experience working in a finance office dealing with multiple cost centres.
- Experience with computerised accounting systems and electronic purchase order systems.
- Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to calendar determined deadlines.
- Ability to communicate confidently and competently within the company and with suppliers.