Laser Production Operator – Newcastle under Lyme
Permanent job role Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm
Working in a small team, you will be operating and setting Amada Laser machine – working from drawings you will be responsible for the high-quality machining of products. Previous experience of setting and operating CNC machinery. i.e. laser, router, plasma or similar and the ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings
Within this role, you will also work on and assist with general manufacturing activities when required including welding, power presses and roll forming.
- Prepare and operate Amada Laser machine to manufacture required components in line with production schedules
- Correctly operate machines to manufacture component parts for production to required quality standards in accordance with work instructions provided.
- Supervise the machines whilst they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished product and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain cut quality.
- Identify material types and check the raw material stock level.
- Select correct programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- To complete daily safety checks to ensure machines and work equipment is in good working order.
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
- ·To undertake such operational and driving tasks as are allocated, ensuring compliance with standards of workmanship are adhered too.
- To maintain all relevant documents as required, ensuring all are completed accurately on time
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance and care of any equipment and MHE which may be allocated.
- Ensuring completion of any necessary maintenance sheets and reporting any fault to the Team Leader
- Responsible for referring any problems / issues identified in day-to-day activities to the Team Leader
- To ensure personal compliance at all times with the company’s Health and Safety policies in accordance with
Health and Safety legislation and company best practice.
- To attend any relevant training sessions to ensure you are fully equipped to perform your role effectively and
assist in the development of continuous improvement within the workplace.
- ·To undertake such other duties as from time to time may be allocated in order to ensure satisfactory achievement of customer’s requirements.
- Participate in stock checks as and when required ensuring that you remain fully engaged and professional at
all time during each count process.
- When requested, off load goods in to warehouse and ensure ‘good-in’ procedure is adhered to at all times.
- Previous experience of setting and operating CNC machinery. i.e. laser, router, plasma or similar
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Can work either as a team or individually
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills
- Having good attention to detail