Import/Export Officer – Wolverhampton – Salary up to 25k
Working in a small team as an Import & Export Officer you will work on accurately executing day to day freight forwarding operational activities across the world, ideally have 3+ years in a similar freight forwarding 3+ year’s experience in a freight forwarding and Knowledge of Air and Sea Freight Shipping operations. Experience in dealing with a network of sub-contractors and of providing a transport solution in line with SLA’s and within set cost-controls.
The job role:
- Developing and using your knowledge of post Brexit customs, duty and transport regulations for both importing and exporting to EU and non-EU countries.
- Developing relationships with external advisors including trade bodies, consultants, freight forwarders and third-party logistics providers to prevent problems and find solutions.
- Ensuring correct payment terms have been used
- Ensuring product declarations of conformity from suppliers are obtained and compliant with customs regulations.
- Negotiate and organising transport movements with a vast contact base of sub-contractors.
- Ensure solid cost control through the arrangement of transport solutions at the low rate, without compromising upon quality.
- Recording and planning both air and sea transport routes in line with SLA agreements.
- Timely complete and respond to all customer queries surrounding transport solutions.
- Liaising effectively with both sender and receiver
- Providing an excellent customer service experience
- Processing relevant Import documentation
- Customs clearance and entry within customs system
- Updating and maintaining records with speed and accuracy
- Assisting our sales team to quickly resolve shipping queries and offer excellent customer service
- Monitor and ensure integrity of all relevant system data
The successful candidate will be looking for a challenge with a sector leading logistics provider. You will ideally have 3+ years in a similar freight forwarding 3+ year’s experience in a freight forwarding
- Knowledge of Air and Sea Freight Shipping operations.
- Experience in dealing with a network of sub-contractors
- Experience of providing a transport solution in line with SLA’s and within set cost-controls.
- Desirable – strong knowledge within HAWB, MAWB, Bills of Lading.
- Strong desire to provide only the highest levels of customer service.
- Previous experience with a known Freight Forwarders
- Is someone who has proven experience in a similar import-export role and/or a formal qualification that includes import and export logistics as well as customs requirements.
- Will have the ability to overcome administrative hurdles in a calm and focused manner.
Key Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Good interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Diligence, attention to detail, and reliability are essential
- Some experience of working with IT would be great but not essential
- Communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advice customers clearly and professionally and liaise with other professionals
- Keen eye for data integrity, analysis ability in order to recommend and implement process improvements
- The ability to forge strong links and build relationships
The role is for a 9 month fixed contract salary 25k pro rata