Job Type: Permanent
Salary / Rate: £11.50 - £14.70 per hour
Start Date: ASAP,
Premier Placement Services acting as a Recruitment Agency are currently recruiting experienced Fabricator/Welders for a Stoke-on-Trent based engineering company. Please see role description below:-
To lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements, whilst at all times carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the company HSQE Policy. To be responsible for ensuring the quality, and accuracy of own work.
Critical Success Factors:
• Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions. Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, MIG or arc welding equipment.
• Develop templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
• Determine required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
• To work efficiently at all times with a sense of urgency and to the highest quality standards.
• To participate in the Company appraisal process maintaining at all times the levels of professional competency laid out in this Job Description.
• To manage with the highest standards of integrity, honesty, confidentiality and professionalism and in line with the company code of conduct.
Core Competencies / Technical Requirements
• Ability to work within a technical or specialist area of expertise in order to continuously improve quality ·
• Considers problems as a challenge and able to identify and develop practical solutions, communicate the findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
• Develops competence and expertise.
• Able to work as part of a team and exercise tolerance and consistency when dealing with others.
• Seeks direction and authority from others when and if appropriate, and achieve set goals in a non-assertive and efficient manner.
• Perfectionist with a need to get things right
• Ability to work in a steady, thorough and deliberate manner and have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
• Organised, methodical and routine-orientated, able to concentrate on detail with a high level of quality control.
• English and Math at GCSE, or equivalent, desirable
• Level 2 or 3 Welding qualification and/or Apprenticeship.
• Abrasive Wheels Qualification.
Shifts 06:00 to 14:00 and 14:00 to 22:00 Monday to Friday
These are permanent full time roles for suitable candidates. For further information please forward your CV or contact us on 01782 717007.
Hours: Days and Noons.
MIG Welding Fabrication