CNC Operator/Setter – Newcastle under Lyme
Permanent job role Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm
Working in a small team operating and setting CNC press machines – working from drawings you will be responsible for the high-quality machining and folding of products. Within this role, you will also work on and assist with general manufacturing activities when required including welding, power presses and roll forming.
- Produce precision detailed, high-quality bent and folded parts to drawing specifications including the set up and use of CNC Press Brakes.
- Ability to write programs for new parts.
- Check and maintain quality using measuring equipment including verniers callipers, height gauges, protractors and tape measures.
- Fully understand and interpret engineering drawings working in metric units.
- Identify material types and check the raw material stock level.
- Select correct programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- To complete daily safety checks to ensure machines and work equipment is in good working order.
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
- ·To undertake such operational and driving tasks as are allocated, ensuring compliance with standards of workmanship are adhered too.
- To maintain all relevant documents as required, ensuring all are completed accurately on time
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance and care of any equipment and MHE which may be allocated.
- Ensuring completion of any necessary maintenance sheets and reporting any fault to the Team Leader
- Develop a ‘clean as you go culture’ ensuring that all welfare facilities, aisles, racking, stock, floor are
maintained to a high hygiene standard.
- Responsible for referring any problems / issues identified in day-to-day activities to the Team Leader
- To ensure personal compliance at all times with the company’s Health and Safety policies in accordance with
Health and Safety legislation and company best practice.
- To attend any relevant training sessions to ensure you are fully equipped to perform your role effectively and
assist in the development of continuous improvement within the workplace.
- To undertake duties and responsibilities as allocated in all warehouse’s as and when required.
- Adopt a very flexible attitude to ensure all duties and expectations are met.
- Participate in stock checks as and when required ensuring that you remain fully engaged and professional at
all time during each count process.
- When requested, off load goods in to warehouse and ensure ‘good-in’ procedure is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure compliance and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System
- Precision Sheet Metalwork experience
- Experience in setting and operating CNC Press Brakes
- Experience in reading engineering drawings
- Ability to work to close tolerances
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Can work either as a team or individually
- Having good attention to detail
33 days hols including 8 bank holidays.